Friday, March 27, 2015

Wine Tasting Blog- Villa Jolanda Brut, Alvarez de Toledo Godello. Oracle Pinotage, Monte Delgi Angeli Sangiovese, Bolla Moscato

Name- Villa Jolanda Brut
Image result for villa jolanda brutVariety- Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
Region- Piemonte
Country- Italy
Year- Not listed
Price- $8.95

Winery Review- Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste.


My Review- Smells of lemon, pear, and grapes. Tastes like sparkling lemonade in a way to me. The bubbles dissipate quickly and it finishes dry. Very enjoyable and my favorite of the five. 


I tasted this on its own.

Name- Alvarez de Toledo Godello
Variety- 100% Godello
Region- Bierzo
Country- Spain
Year- 2013
Price- $7.95

Winery Review- Clean pale yellow color. Nose fruity, persistent and elegant aromas. Good backbone on the palate.

My Review- This wine didn't do much for me. It smelled grassy and some citrus/ lemon. The taste was somewhat more acidic than I'd like and it blocked off much else flavor. 

I tasted this on its own. 
Image result for oracle pinotage 
Name- Oracle Pinotage
Variety- 100% Pinotage
Region- Western Cape
Country- South Africa
Year- 2014
Price- $7.95

Winery Review- An unusual style of Pinotage with complex aromas of black pepper, smoke, tomato, and dark fruit. The palate is packed with ripe mixed berry flavors, making this unoaked red wine a real crowd-pleaser. 

My Review- On the nose the wine is earthy, with some vegetable. It tastes pretty much the same with some cherries coming through at the end, the wine then finishes dry. I would be curious to try this wine again. 

I tasted this on its own. 

Name- Monte Delgi Angeli Sangiovese 
Variety- 100% Sangiovese
Region- Puglia
Country- Italy 
Year- 2013
Price- $7.95

Winery Review- The aromas are rich and dark, with lots of black cherry and a hint of balsamic. In the mouth the wine is round and energetic, with cherry and black raspberry fruit complemented by hints of damp earth. If you like Sangiovese-based wines like Chianti or our best-selling Colsanto from Umbria, you'll love this! The wine is ripe, fresh, and fruit-driven with a wonderful dash of earthy complexity at the end. Buy it by the case and drink with pizza, grilled poultry, and pasta. 

My Review- Very dark in color. The wine is somewhat vegetable on the nose as well, with some cherry. The taste is a little high on the acid and alcohol but cherry comes through again as well. Extremely dry finish, don't think I would drink again. 

I tasted this on its own. 
Image result for bolla moscato 
Name- Bolla Moscato
Variety- 100% Muscat 
Region- Pavia 
Country- Italy
Year- Not Listed
Price- $9.95 (1.5 L)

Winery Review- Loaded with juicy exotic fruit, mature apricot, yellow peach and tangerine flavors, this sweet and delightful wine is perfect for Sunday brunch or picnics. 

My Review- Somewhat floral aroma with some soap, like a soap you would find in a bath and body works. The taste is like when I used to put sugar on grapefruit and eat it. Too sweet but not unbearably sweet like some of the muscatos we have tasted. 

I tasted this on its own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment