Variety- 100% Gruner Veltiner
Region- Niederosterreich
Country- Austria
Year- 2013
Price- $14
Winery Review- Gruner Veltliner represents about 70% of the winery's vineyards. This is an intense and concentrated wine offering pleasant citrus and grapefruit aromas, exotic tropical fruits with a hint of freshly ground white pepper. Full-bodied dry wine with a firm mineral backbone, giving it the strength of character to work well with many cuisines.
My Review- Somewhat of a fruity taste and smell, tasted like grapes. Had a smooth mouth feel with some acidity in the aftertaste, but not in a bad way. Would definitely drink again.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Maipe Torrontes
Variety- 100% Torrontes
Region- Andean North West
Year- 2013
Price- $7.95
Winery Review- Maipe is an outstanding producer located just south of Mendoza in Lujan de Cuyo. Their Torrontes has always been a favorite as the typical Torrontes perfumed floral notes are balanced by zippy acidity and citrus notes that help this finish clean and focused. Try this with Asian spiced dishes or some type of fish and you will not be disappointed.
My Review- Got a very similar overall taste to the last wine, with the addition of much more floral taste and smell. The floral taste was almost overwhelming but not quite, I liked it but not as much as the last one.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Canyon Road Pinot Noir
Variety- 100% Pinot Noir
Region- California
Country- USA
Year- Not Listed
Price- $12
Winery Review- Rich, fruit forward cherry flavors, soft tannins, a medium body and a smooth velvety finish.
My Review- Somewhat earthy taste, with some bitterness in the aftertaste. There was a dominant flavor that I couldn't identify earlier that was definitely the cherry flavor. Might have been my favorite of the five.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Resonata Nero D' Avola
Region- Sicily
Country- Italy
Year- 2013
Price- $6.95
Winery Review- Dense ruby red with violet reflections.
Lush and ripe bouquet full of mulberries, blackberries and spice. Harmonious and well balanced with good berry fruit in a spicy background.
My Review- Smooth mouthfeel without much of a bitterness. Can pick up some plums in the flavor but not much else. Would try again.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Canyon Road Moscato
Region- California
Country- USA
Year- Not listed
Price- $12
Winery Review- Notes of peach and honey, followed by lusciously sweet flavors of ripe pears and lemon.
My Review-Smelled some mango and oranges and got some grapefruit on the taste. It was extremely sweet. Too sweet to drink an entire glass of this wine.
I tasted this on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment