Name- Le Jade Sauvignon Blanc
Region- Languedoc
Country- France
Year- 2013
Price- $5.95
Winery Review- "Silvery straw color. Lively aromas and flavors of pineapple, yellow apple, melon, and Meyer lemon with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a tingling, complex, medium-long finish with notes of lemongrass, pear, and lemon with no tannins and no oak. Bright and crisp with layers of juicy pineapple, pear, lemongrass and ripe melon make this perfect for repeated sipping or enhancing fresh farm to table cookery."
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Petrucco Ribolla Gialla
Variety- 100% Ribolla Gialla
Region- Friuli
Country- Italy
Year- 2009
Price- $7.95
Winery Review- This well-priced Friulano would pair nicely with spicy Indian or Thai food thanks to the creaminess and richness of its mouthfeel. In addition, the wine offers a solid bouquet of peach and melon that would not compete with fragrant ingredients 100% Ribolla Gialla.
My Review- Did not like this wine at all. I have no idea where the peach and melon came from but it smelled like straight ethanol to me and it was overpowering in the taste and bitter in the aftertaste.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Riebeek Cellars Shiraz
Variety- 100% Shiraz
Region- Swartland
Country- South Africa
Year- 2013
Price- $12
Winery Review- Often referred to as Shiraz Country, the Riebeek Valley is renowned for exceptional Shiraz wines. The Riebeek Shiraz is a lively rich wine, full bodied with a subdued smokiness on the nose and a pallet of ripe fruit and interesting spice.
My Review- Smelled of grapes and some plum which resonated in the taste along with some oakiness. Reminds me of some beers I've had with the Syrah grape as well such as Dogfish Head Sixty-One. Good taste overall, probably my favorite of the five, didn't love it though.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Cortenova Primativo
Variety- 100% Zinfandel
Region- Puglia
Year- 2012
Price- $6.95
Winery Review- Dark, ruby-red color with violet highlights. Intense and fragrant bouquet with a rich array of red and black fruit aromas and flavors. Harmonious and velvety on the palate. Great balance and structure. 100% Zinfandel
My Review- Very dark in color, got lots of plum aroma and tasted of some plum and blackberry in the taste. Enjoyable but nothing that blew me away.
I tasted this on its own.
Name- Opera Prima Pink Moscato
Variety- 97% Muscat Rose a Petis Grains, 3% Tempranillo
Region- La Mancha
Country- Spain
Year- Not Listed
Price- $6.95
My Review- Nice pink color, smelled very sweet and even soapy which was odd. Tasted very sweet, too sweet, and bubbly, with citrus fruit taste.
I tasted this on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment